Orientation is the beginning of your journey with Navitas at UMass Boston. It is a new study environment, in a new country and a new way of life. It all starts at orientation so don't miss it.
What will happen at Orientation?
Navitas at UMass Boston in conjunction with the University of Massachusetts Boston host a series of activities and programs and efficient transition to a degree study.
- You will receive information about your Navitas at UMass Boston program and an orientation kit
- Meet the Navitas at UMass Boston staff, students and new friends
- Be introduced to a range of services and facilities available to you as a student
There will also be information sessions concerning accommodation, employment, safety, health, coverage and computer skills all designed to help you settle in to your new environment.
Most importantly, Orientation ensures that you are enrolled - you will register on the system, take a placement test for Math and English, and obtain your UMass Boston Student ID Card.
What do I need to bring?
Bring along your
- Navitas at UMass Boston Offer Letter
- University's Letter of Acceptance
- Form I-20
- Immunization record
- Address details
- Proof of High School Graduation
What are the dates and where do I go?
Dates and Locations are listed below. Click on your program to download an information sheet.
Fall Semester 2017 – More details here
August 28–September 1
*While UMass Boston can extend these deadlines up to 2 week in some cases, we cannot guarantee I-20 and visa issuance beyond the stated deadlines
Spring Semester 2018 - More details here